Provide meals all year long
Consider becoming a monthly sustaining donor. Gifts from monthly donors strengthen critical programs that provide food, education, job training and more to local families and individuals in need.
Eric Richardson’s family benefited from such programs. Eric is president of the Eugene Springfield
NAACP, a Eugene resident since 1971, a graduate of Churchill High School and the father of five.
“I’ve raised five kids, and many years during that time we were recipients of food stamps. We were
really struggling financially and just trying to raise a family here.”
Eric recently served on FFLC’s Participant Advisory Council. Each person on the 12-member
council has experience using one or more FFLC services. Eric has also served lunches to children
during the summer through FFLC’s Summer Food Program.
“FFLC is an organization that really cares about how people are doing around food scarcity and
about helping the community. I’ve always admired that. When I heard that they were asking for
input on how they can better assist our community I wanted to take part in that.”
- When you become a monthly sustaining donor
- Your gifts provide ongoing hunger relief in Lane County.
- You’ll receive invitations to sustaining donor events.
- You’ll be the first to know about signature FFLC events such as the Empty Bowls Dinner
& Live Auction, the Grilled Cheese Experience, Chefs’ Night Out and the Empty Bowls Sale.
- You’ll enjoy the convenience of budgeting your giving and spreading it out over the
- Your consistent monthly donations will help reduce administrative and fundraising costs so
that more of your support goes directly to needed programs.
- When you sign up to become a sustaining donor, the first of your recurring gifts will be
matched thanks to an anonymous donor.
If you are in a position to become a monthly sustaining donor—at whatever level works for you—
you will help FFLC make an even bigger impact on the problems of hunger and food insecurity
in Lane County. I hope you’ll consider becoming a monthly sustaining donor today.
P.S. One in five Lane County residents struggles with hunger. You can help. Become a monthly sustaining donor today.
P.P.S. If you become a sustaining donor in January 2020, your first gift will be matched!