You may transfer stock to FOOD for Lane County (FFLC) in one of two ways:
1. By electronic transfer (DTC) between your broker and FFLC’s broker. This is the easiest and most efficient way to handle a stock transaction.
Please call to notify us of your intent to make a gift of stock and provide us with the following information so that we may properly record and acknowledge your gift:
- Your broker’s name and phone number
- The name of the stock and
- The number of shares you plan to transfer.
Call or write your broker with the following information to facilitate the transfer:
Charles Schwab & Co. Inc.
AS Document Control
1945 Northwestern Drive
El Paso, TX 79912
Phone: (800) 435-4000
DTC # 0164
Account Name: FOOD for Lane County
Account Number: 7144-7192
2. By sending a stock certificate and a stock power to FFLC in separate envelopes. For stock certificates registered in your name, we need the following items:
- A stock power assigning and transferring the stock to FFLC’s stock brokerage. Your signature on the stock power must match the name on the stock certificate. Each certificate must have a separate stock power. If you are uncertain how to fill out a stock power our investment advisor can provide you with a blank form and offer any help you may need.
- An email from you addressed to our investment advisor, Margaret Dragolovich (mdragolovich [at] sageviewadvisory.com) and our Development Director, Sally Dougherty, indicating the gift is being made to FFLC.
While it is not required, we recommend you use registered mail.
Please remember to send the certificate(s) and the stock power(s) in separate envelopes!
We thank you for your generosity and look forward to receiving your gift.
FOOD for Lane County’s tax ID number is 93-0888347
Please contact Sally Dougherty, Development Director, with any questions.