It is the policy of FOOD for Lane County to afford equal employment opportunity to all, regardless of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected condition or characteristic.
1. Download the Employment Application.
2. Please submit the completed application along with a current resume and cover letter.
If you submit by e-mail, please include the name of the position and your name in the subject line of the e-mail to the Jobs e-mail account.
If you submit by mail, please reference the position you are applying for above the address on the envelope addressed to:
FOOD for Lane County
770 Bailey Hill Road
Eugene, OR 97402
Responsible to: Operations Director
Hours per week: 40 Class: NON-EXEMPT
Compensation: Begins at $13 per hour
Summary of Position: This position is responsible for picking up food from local food donors while adhering to proper food storage and handling procedures, proper maintenance of equipment, and food tracking using established record and inventory systems. Represents FOOD for Lane County to the public and provides excellent customer service.
Responsible to: Executive Director
Hours per week: 40 hours+ Class: EXEMPT
Summary of Position: As a member of the Management Team, this position is responsible for providing strategic direction to the organization and management and oversight of the agency’s finances: using a fully integrated inventory and accounting system; producing monthly financial reports; providing forecasting and dashboards for short and long term planning; managing banking activities; monitoring governmental contracts/grants; and providing leadership of the five person accounting, inventory, and IT team.
Primary Financial Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership on financial issues, including ongoing analysis, research, trend and systems evaluation in support of strategic planning and day-to-day problem solving
- Performs accounting activities based on GAAP and manages all financial records.
- Provides monthly financial reports, including written narrative analysis of significant budget versus actual variances.
- Leads the organization through two key planning processes annually: work planning and budgeting
- Oversees annual audit, including preparation of supporting schedules, account reconciliations and other information, as requested by the auditors.
- Maintains system of internal controls to ensure accuracy of financial records.
- Monitors governmental contracts and grant invoicing and reporting.
- Ensures that governmental reports, such as Form 990, are filed in a timely manner.
- Works with the Executive Director to develop and monitor the organizational budget
- Ensures the recording of inventory is in compliance with GAAP and food banking best practices
- Staffs the monthly meetings of the Board’s Budget & Finance Committee
- Evaluates property & liability insurance and develops risk management strategies.
- Leads team of Assistant Financial Manager, Payroll Assistant, Inventory System Supervisor, Inventory Assistant and IT Manager
Position open until filled.
Consider making an impact at FFLC by volunteering! Check out our volunteer opportunities here.