FFLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, diverse ability, or any other characteristic protected under local, state or federal law.
Please follow the specific instructions for each position listed below.
Having trouble opening the application? Adobe Reader (free software) is required.
POSITION TITLE: GrassRoots Garden Assistant and Outreach Coordinator
RESONSIBLE TO: GrassRoots Garden Coordinator
SALARY: $16.80/Hour CLASS: Non-Exempt
FOOD For Lane County’s GrassRoots Garden is a 2.5-acre educational garden that produces 30-60,000 pounds of fresh fruit and vegetables annually, the majority of which is distributed to low-income households through FOOD For Lane County’s network of partner agencies. In the Garden, thousands of participants of all ages and backgrounds work together with staff to grow healthy, fresh, organic food. FOOD For Lane County (FFLC) participants learn while growing, increasing their understanding of where food comes from, and their ability to raise and utilize organic produce.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES: The GrassRoots Garden Assistant and Outreach Coordinator will:
• Assist GrassRoots Garden Coordinator in all aspects of intensively growing over 35 different kinds of produce on a 2.5-acre site, composting and soil preparation, irrigation, crop cultivation and harvesting
• Learn site-specific gardening techniques and practices
• Learn and teach garden educational formats to a broad spectrum of garden participants to compost, grow, tend and harvest crops
• Assist and supervise participants in the Garden, working with individuals and groups, both small and large, and all ages from pre-school children to retired professionals
• Help recruit, schedule and acknowledge garden participants
• Help recruit, train, and supervise garden interns
• Coordinate and schedule corporate, business, faith-based and school groups coming to GrassRoots
• Open and close the Garden, and support a rotating weekend watering schedule
• Assist in transporting garden supplies to the site
• Transport harvest to the FOOD For Lane County warehouse
• Operate garden equipment, including a BCS and other rototillers, organic sprayer and string trimmers (training provided)
• Assist with partner communication, including writing thank you letters to donors, monthly updates for partners and posting on social media (training provided)
• Submit expense reports and assist with budget record keeping
• Document educational activities and garden participant groups and report to Gardens Program Manager
• Assist with annual garden mapping
To apply: Please send a resume, cover letter and contact info for 3 references to Jen Anonia here.
We will start reviewing applications on September 10th and the position will remain open until filled.
POSITION TITLE: Program Support Specialist
HRS. PER WEEK: 40 hrs./wk. Must be available occasionally on evenings and weekends.
CLASS: Non-exempt (hourly)
COMPENSATION: $17.50/hour. Benefits include paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays; health
insurance benefits start first of month following 60 days of employment; other benefits start
first of month following 90 days of employment.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: FOOD For Lane County (FFLC) partners with a network of 165+
nonprofits and faith-based organizations (partner agencies) that receive food from the food
bank for the purpose of serving people in need in Lane County. The FFLC Mobile Pantry
Program supports their effort of hunger reduction by distributing food in and with communities
where food insecurity persists. The Internal Programs Support Specialist provides administrative support to Extra Helping and Trillium Produce Plus partner agencies and Snack Pack and Cereal for Youth programs, as well as boots-on-the-ground support to the Mobile Pantry Program.
To apply for this position, combine the following documents in one pdf file and submit via email to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three professional references
Note: applications submitted using Indeed or other online job sites that do not include the listed documents in one pdf file will be considered incomplete.
We will begin reviewing applications on September 16th and the application process will remain open until a hire is made.
POSITION TITLE: Day Kitchen Supervisor
RESPONSIBLE TO: Kitchen Manager
HRS PER WEEK: 30 – 32 hours a week, 11am – 5 pm (Monday through Friday)
HOURLY WAGE: $18.00/hour
BENEFITS: Health insurance added after 60 days; other benefits added after 90-day mutual trial period completed.
SUMMARY of POSITION: The Day Kitchen Supervisor will coordinate, supervise and work with volunteers to prepare food for the Dining Room as well as other meal sites that FOOD For Lane County serves.
We will be accepting applications until the position is filled.
Applications will be reviewed as they come in and the process will remain open until a hire is made.
Consider making an impact at FFLC by volunteering! Check out our volunteer opportunities here.