The goal of the FOOD For Lane County Participant Advisory Council (PAC) is to center community voices within our organization and in our work to alleviate food insecurity in Lane County. The PAC supports our vision of a hunger free community for all.
Number of council sessions: 6
Time period: January 2022 – June 2022
The purpose of the council is to provide advice and community input on the service delivery, access and availability of foods for individuals striving for greater personal food security, including:
- Providing feedback on FFLC’s programs and services
- Providing insight on how services are delivered, food quality, accessibility, dignity and respect
- Contributing to certain aspects of organizational decision making
- Building relationships and sharing resources to improve the emergency food system
- Addressing stigma around accessing food assistance and providing leadership for change
Participant Advisory Council meeting times: The third Tuesday of the month from 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm, from January 2022 to June of 2022. Participant Advisory Council meetings will be held online, with log in information sent to participants ahead of the meeting.
Participants on the council will come from a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, ages, races, geographic locations and cultures with a passion for improving food access for all. The 6 sessions will focus on learning from your experiences, incorporating your recommendations and engaging our community to address stigma including topics ranging from:
- Monthly food budgets, access to programs and services
- Food preferences and food quality
- Obstacles and opportunities at points of service
- Addressing myths and stigma around emergency food
- Solutions for greater food access and other basic needs resources
- Leadership opportunities and change agents to end hunger
Participants selected for the council will receive a small cash stipend at the end of each meeting to compensate for their time. Child care and transportation assistance will be available.
Please note that we do not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, income, ethnicity, race, disability or self-expression. We ask questions about these items in order to track the effectiveness of our recruiting efforts and goals for diversity, equity and inclusion.