The Senior Grocery Program provides low-income seniors with a once monthly food box (or bag) filled with nutritious staple foods necessary to a balanced diet.
Am I eligible?
- To qualify for Senior Grocery you must be 60 years of age or older and at or below 130% of the federal poverty level. Please see the chart below
- If you are over the income limit, you can still qualify by being enrolled in SNAP or Medicaid.
- You will be asked to fill out an application and provide supporting documentation.
Contact our Senior Grocery Program Coordinator, Carly Petersen at (541) 343-2822 ext. 315 or email here.
Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels is more than just a meal! Friendly volunteers deliver a nourishing, freshly prepared noontime meal that is nutritionally balanced to provide one-third of a senior’s recommended daily nutrients. Volunteers have time for a brief chat and a safety check. Seniors who live alone feel more secure knowing that someone is checking on them regularly.
Where is Meals on Wheels available?
Meals on Wheels is available in all parts of Lane County and will be delivered by either Senior & Disabled Services or FOOD for Lane County, depending on where you live.
Am I eligible?
- Meals on Wheels is available to people over the age of 60 and their spouses who cannot get out much due to illness or advanced age and who are not eating properly, regardless of their income.
- Each caller will be interviewed as soon as possible to determine eligibility and an appointment will be made for a home visit. Subsidized meals are available as funding permits.
Persons under age 60 may be eligible under the following circumstances:
- Resident in a housing facility where a meal is served (Riverview Terrace in Cottage Grove, Cresview Villa in Creswell, Olive Plaza and Jacobs Lane in Eugene)
- Disabled dependent child living in a non-institutional household with a person over age 60
- Their Case Manager has authorized meals as part of their Medicaid in-home care service
- They are willing to pay the full cost of the meal ($8 each).
- Meals are available to eligible people on a donation basis. There is no set charge for the meal.
- The suggested donation is $3 per meal, but every eligible person is served regardless of the amount they give.
FOOD for Lane County administers the Meals on Wheels program in the Eugene area, in partnership with Lane Council of Government Senior & Disability Services.
Request Meals on Wheels in the Eugene area: (541) 607-5065
Outside Eugene: (541) 682-3353, 800-441-4038, or TTY (541) 682-4567
Other resources for seniors
FOOD for Lane County offers several other ways for you to access a nutritious meal. See how you can get help on our Get Help page.